On Wednesday morning after Kevin went down for his nap and Kien didn't, Steve and I decided to venture out to go shopping. (Kevin's naps have been earlier than at home, because he's been waking up at 4 or 5am!!) We wanted to find the bigger grocery store which was 5 blocks down the street. Plus, we had yet to walk out on the streets of Hanoi!! So we just wanted to experience it, and I felt better about doing that for the first time without Kevin. So while Kevin and my mom slept, we headed out.I carried Kien in our new (well, it's now a year old) Ergo carrier. I have always loved our Kozy carrier, but the Ergo is supposed to be easier to use. (Both are special carriers that can even hold Kevin and can be used on the back as well.) We needed two anyway for both babies, so now we have one of each - and we decided to try out the Ergo today. Well, it killed my back!!! Of course, I did injure my back in April and it has yet to recover. But once we got in the store, we had to switch.
Kien was very wiggly once Daddy was holding him! He wanted his Mommy. :) It wasn't a very successful shopping trip, because we didn't buy much (or does that make it successful? ha). But at least we ventured out!!
I wanted to take pictures along the street, but I felt weird about it. So I only took a few.
And I had to hurry along the sidewalk to catch up with this woman in order to get a photo of her from behind!! ;)
Here is our hotel. It was soooo humid outside!!! It was truly miserable. I was constantly wiping my face, and we were puddles. YUCK!!!
1 comment:
I'm proud of you for venturing out! (That's something I don't usually do even NOW! Ha!)
And I can't BELIVE that those hats are still in style over there! How many decades can they be "in"? ; ) Perhaps it doesn't work that way over there. ; )
Post a Comment