Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Grandma


Grandma got to hold Kien for the first time on Wednesday morning. :)

All the new Daddies had to meet in the lobby at 9:15am on Wednesday morning to go to the passport office to apply for Vietnamese passports for the babies. I tried to quickly get a shower before Steve left, so that my mom and I would both be up and available to take care of Kien and Kevin. But while I was in the shower, Kien started crying. Steve needed to leave soon, so they decided to try a bottle - which worked. So my mom got to do her first bottle feeding! This wasn't actually part of the plan, as Steve and I want to be the primary ones to do the caregiving for awhile until Kien understands that we are his Mommy and Daddy. But it was nice that Bockba Nina got a turn too. :) And Kien fell asleep in her arms!

Then my mom and I both ordered pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) for breakfast from room service. It's commonly eaten for breakfast, and we decided to give it a try. It was yummy!! (She used chopsticks. I did not! ;) )

Then Kien helped Bockba Nina use my computer while I ate my pho. :) By the way, I asked her if Kien is going to call her Bockba Nina too, and she wasn't sure. Hmmm.... Is this a permanent official name or not??? ;) (When Kevin was 2 years old and she came to visit, he first tried to say "Grandma" and it came out sound like "Bockba." So that eventually morphed into "Bockba Nina," and it has stuck because it's cute! :) )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, wow, and WOW! He is too adorable!! Can't wait to see Kien with his new family... how blessed he is to have you all.

carrie