After we got back from our shopping spree, we put Kien down for his nap (his one and only nap of the day, since he didn't take his first one). And Kevin was still asleep too. Soooo.... Bockba Nina stayed with them, and Steve and I had a date!!!!! :) :) :) We went downstairs to Highlands Coffee for some yummy smoothies and treats!! I had heard a lot about this place, and it was very nice! I had a yummy coconut smoothie. Everyone has raved about their drinks, but I've always been apprehensive, since there is ice in smoothies. But I've never heard of anyone getting sick from eating there, and some places do use filtered water for ice. I was feeling uncharacteristically brave and decided to go for it. And prior to Kien falling asleep well for his nap, I was even willing to give him a bottle down there and have him fall asleep in my arms in the coffee shop. Either Vietnam, jet lag, or a 2nd child is going to my head... What has happened to me??? ;) But alas, I'm glad we got our little date!! Kien napped for 2.5 hours.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Our First Date Post 2 Kids!
After we got back from our shopping spree, we put Kien down for his nap (his one and only nap of the day, since he didn't take his first one). And Kevin was still asleep too. Soooo.... Bockba Nina stayed with them, and Steve and I had a date!!!!! :) :) :) We went downstairs to Highlands Coffee for some yummy smoothies and treats!! I had heard a lot about this place, and it was very nice! I had a yummy coconut smoothie. Everyone has raved about their drinks, but I've always been apprehensive, since there is ice in smoothies. But I've never heard of anyone getting sick from eating there, and some places do use filtered water for ice. I was feeling uncharacteristically brave and decided to go for it. And prior to Kien falling asleep well for his nap, I was even willing to give him a bottle down there and have him fall asleep in my arms in the coffee shop. Either Vietnam, jet lag, or a 2nd child is going to my head... What has happened to me??? ;) But alas, I'm glad we got our little date!! Kien napped for 2.5 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment