Wednesday, June 11, 2008

First Morning

Here is Kien in his crib on Wednesday morning, his first morning with us.

He slept all through the night!!! This was particularly surprising, because his caregiver had said he wakes up once per night for a bottle. He got to bed late the night before (10pm) and then woke up at 7:45am.

Getting him to bed was soooo easy!!!! I was soooo thankful!!!! For Kevin's first few nights with us, it took two hours to get him to bed!!! He would cry every time we'd put him in his crib (even after he'd fallen asleep in our arms). But with Kien, we gave him his bottle while holding him. Then I laid him down gently (still lying down) in the crib. He was still awake, but he just lay there and eventually fell asleep. Steve stayed in the room right by him (and fell asleep himself). Hooray!!! :)

I gave Kevin a bath in the morning, and when we walked out of the bathroom, I saw that Kien's eyes were open.

Kevin was so happy that I let him hold Kien this morning! :)

1 comment:

Noelle said...

What a precious last picture, full of brotherly love!!!