My mom wasn't ready for a nap or lunch yet, so we went shopping instead! We just went downstairs in the building to Citimart and the Citimart Baby Store. So cool to have both of these just downstairs!!! :) Kevin was enamoured with this car in the "baby store." He even got a new toy out of the deal. They had a Bambi cube puzzle. He used to be a puzzle fanatic, and he has never tried a cube puzzle before. And Bambi was his nursery theme -- and will now be Kien and Aria's! :)We also stocked up on exciting things like snacks, "household items" for our apartment, and BABY FOOD!!! :) They sold a couple brands, and one of them was the same one we bought in Russia! :) We had chosen that brand in Russia, because the labels were in Russian and English. And even here, the labels were just in Russian and English! And they even sold the same "baby tea" here that they gave to babies in Russia.
And we ran into a couple families who had just returned to the hotel with their babies!!! :) 10 families had their adoption ceremony today in a different province!!
6 comments:
Karin:
Thank you so much for keeping us all in the loop - I can't believe how far away you all are, but how close I feel with this wonderful blog. I'm so glad your mom made it there safe and sound.
God Bless you all!
Love,
Marilyn
This is so exciting reading every detail of your journey! Of course I can't wait to read about your new baby being with you!!!!
The pictures are amazing. Everything has color - it's not gray like Russia!!! Just curious - how are the prices there compared to here?
Can you believe you're there???
Amy Sherwin
Karin,
So glad you are finally there!! I'm hanging on every word:) Can't wait to see your babies in your arms.
Love, Hugs and Blessings,
Pamela
So glad your mom made it there safely too! I gasped when I read that she missed her flight, and then when she was "missing" - My oh my!!
Pamela
Look at the Crocs!!! ; ) Looks like the Vietnamese are truly into informal American fashion! ; ) And, um, this shot could have been taken in Southpoint Mall. ; )
Well, believe me, Noelle, it wasn't Southpoint Mall! LOL I was trying to occupy Kevin while his parents shopped the little "mall." We were looking for dragons and found quite a few. Then, in this children's store, I wondered if there was a book about dragons or a dragon story. That was VERY difficult to communicate. I showed them the cartoon dragon pictures on the car Kevin is in and even did some dramatics to help them visualize a dragon. They finally gave me a dictionary to point to the word. ha! No dragon book in the store.
Post a Comment