Monday, June 9, 2008

Packing for Tomorrow's Trip!!!

It was time to sort out all the baby stuff!!! I had to set aside all the items to take with us on our trip tomorrow. And after I pulled out Aria's clothes, I cried. It's so hard to have such conflicting emotions -- joy about Kien and sorrow about Aria.

The photo above is of all the things we're giving to Aria tomorrow. We have a baby photo album with pictures of her, Kien, and the 3 of us. We also have a disposable camera, in hopes that her caregiver might take pictures for us. And we have a little plush bunny / blankie. Then the day before we left last week, I decided to buy several pieces of clothing for her when I made my final trip to Target, including some little Robeez-like shoes. I don't expect to get any of them back. My hope is simply that she'll get to wear them, and then the orphanage will need them far more than we do. But I would certainly love it if she were wearing the darling purple dress when we come back to get her! :) Of course, that's not my decision - and I don't even know if a dress is considered practical attire. But I couldn't go meet my baby girl and not give her a dress.

We finally got everything all together!!! I've been such a stress case tonight. And I cannot believe how much stuff we have to take with us!!!! This is insane!

As you can see, we have quite a few gift bags we need to bring along for various people, such as the caregivers. (This was done in Russia as well.) And then we have the gifts for Aria and a few other orphanage donations. And then we have a bag and a half of supplies for ourselves!! We need 2 outfits for Kien (just in case), feeding items, diapering stuff, etc., etc. ....and of course, a camera and camcorder!!! And some paperwork. And some snacks and water bottles for us!

We are supposed to meet in the hotel lobby at 10am tomorrow (Tuesday, June 10). Then we will have a 3 hour trip to the province. I don't know how long we'll be there, but I'm guessing a couple hours? Then 3 hours back to the hotel, where Big Brother and Grandma will be waiting!!!!! :) :) It's going to be a highly emotional and exhausting day. In other words, it's time for me to get to BED!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karin, Steve and Kevin, I am so excited for you! God has chosen the perfect time to have Kien join your family. We are praying that God will show His love for Kien through you as you bond as a family.

Unknown said...

I hope everything goes smoothly on Tuesday. I have been and will continue to say prayers for you. I can't wait to see Kien!

Noelle said...

Your conflicting emotions must be overwhelming at times! We're all praying for you!