Kevin stayed at the hotel with Bockba Nina while we were gone from 10am until 8pm on Tuesday. I'm glad my mom is here for many reasons -- but I'm particularly so glad she was here to stay with Kevin that day!!! It would not have gone well to bring him with us that day. The day was far too long for him, and there were far too many emotional things taking place that he would not have understood. And there is actually malaria risk outside of Hanoi. So Steve and I are taking anti-malaria pills while here. (By the way, everyone had told me that they had never seen a mosquito -- but we saw quite a few!! There was one in our van for starters, and someone managed to squish it. Then there was one in the bathroom with me at the orphanage! And the babies all had mosquito bites. :( )Anyway, I found these pictures on my mom's camera. :) He made the creation in the photo above. They hung out at the hotel all day. Kevin was supposed to nap when we left, but apparently he would not go to sleep.


Then late in the day, he finally went to sleep!!
And he was asleep when we arrived!!!!
1 comment:
And here I was waiting for the Kevin and Kien pictures. ; ) Guess I have to wait a bit longer. ; ) But I'm just SO glad that Kevin settled in so well in Vietnam! I bet not every child would be that adaptable!!! Hooray for the big brother! (BTW, I LOVE that picture of Kevin "flying" on the couch. He looks so grown up there!.)
Post a Comment