Both boys ended up kind of disastrous last night. First of all, since we've been having so much trouble getting Kien to eat anything other than formula, Steve mixed some Gerber oatmeal with his formula in his bottle last night. Well, we didn't realize that he was going to fall asleep for the night with that particular bottle. But he did. So not long later, he woke up really crying!! We couldn't console him, and we figured that he must have gas or something related to having the oatmeal for the first time. sigh. We gave him some gas drops and were able to get him back to sleep. But he woke up a few times in the night crying briefly. It was always brief enough that I didn't even have time to wake up enough to get out of bed to do anything about it. (Or was it?? Perhaps there was a time when I did have to go comfort him?? It's all a blur now...)
Then Kevin... He has been complaining about being "itchy" all week. We didn't think much of it, because this happens to him from time to time. He saw an OT for 9 months out of the past year for sensory issues, and it seems that his back gets itchy due to sensory stuff, particularly when he gets tired. He has a special brush to use on his skin that helps with his sensory-seeking, and we brought it along and have been using it. Well... we noticed today that he has a rash all over his body!!!! So THAT is probably why he's been itchy!!! ugh. We tried to think what new thing he has eaten all this week, which may have caused an allergic reaction. And then I realized that I had been using the hotel's shower gel on him, instead of baby soap, like I usually do. (He used to have eczema, so I've always used Aveeno baby wash and Dreft to clean his clothes. I've wondered if these are still necessary... Perhaps so!!!) Fortunately, we brought alone hydrocortisone cream, amongst all the medicines and such that we packed from home. And this morning, he declared that he felt better!!! :)
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Poor Kevin! So glad you thought to bring cortizone!!!
Post a Comment