Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Our Bags Are Packed!!!!

We essentially finished packing tonight!!!!!!! Ok, this looks like a horrendous amount of baggage!!!! Believe it or not, we are going very light on things like clothing!! We're going to have to do a lot of laundry. But I think we did very well. We have 6 suitcases to check. Since I was packing for 5 people (including 2 babies who require a lot of stuff!!), that is a little more than one suitcase per person. Then we have 3 carry-on bags, plus a Nemo backpack as a "personal item" for Kevin and a tiny purse for me. :) Oh -- and then the double stroller!!

I do wish we had less for carry-ons, but with a 31 hour trip, there's not much we can do without. Plus there are quite a few things that aren't NEEDED on the flight, but that need to be in the carry-on. For instance... all our adoption documents! They're too important to be in a suitcase. I spent at least 3 hours today organizing them all. And in case our luggage is lost, we each have a change of clothes in the carry-ons. And anything valuable needs to be in there too (camera, camcorder, 2 laptops... sigh). And of course, all our snacks and entertainment!! Whew!

Surprisingly, NONE of our 6 suitcases is full. We didn't even have to expand any of them. I wish we could just eliminate one, but it doesn't seem possible. We have a whole pack of diapers, a pack of night Pull-Ups, and a pack of day Pull-Ups. I'm wondering if I should try to squeeze in some more things that I was going skimpy on.... like disposable bibs or even underwear! ;) ha!

There are a few lingering items that can't be packed until the last minute, such as.... my computer!!!!! ;) ha. And my camera!! And Kevin's "friends" and blanket. (Yes, 2 gankies are already packed.) And I still have a bunch of random errands to run. But we're almost ready!!!! :)

No comments: