Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Getting Ready to Leave!!!

Daddy gave both boys a bath this morning (separately) while I worked on packing. Kien did better with it today!! He still did cry some -- particularly when his hair got washed. They spent quite awhile in there, with Daddy working on making it fun. I didn't witness most of what happened, but Kien did not cry the entire time. ;) Daddy said that Kien stopped crying when Daddy started splashing! Apparently splashing is far less scary than that boring still water. ;)

Aside from baths, there wasn't much fun or exciting for the boys today. I've spent the whole day getting our stuff together to get out of here!!! And we need soooo much stuff in our carry-ons for this 27+ hour journey!!! So Kien has cried many times as I've whooshed past him, while he was hanging out with either Daddy or Grandma. And fortunately, both boys have taken a nap today before our big journey!

We leave the hotel at 4pm and take an hour long shuttle ride to the airport. Our flight leaves 2 hours after that -- and that's when the 27 hour count begins. We fly from Hanoi to Hong Kong to LA to Dallas to home!!! And Uncle Greg, Aunt Cathi, Brandy and Jeremy might meet us on our layover in Dallas!!!! :)

If we end up missing our connection in LA (that's the one that concerns me the most), they do have internet access there, so I will try to figure out a way to get a message on the blog - since I know that some people are thinking about coming to meet us at the airport at home. :)

By the way, Kien becomes a US citizen tomorrow when we land in LA!!!!!! :) :) :)

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I hope by the time you read this that you and your precious family are home in the good 'ole USA with our newest citizen:) Yeah:):):) I have been following your blog daily and sending prayers up for you. Are you training Steve to blog as detailed as you when he goes back for Aria??? Love to all from the North family:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my... the blog for Aria's journey home! I had not even thought about Steve needing to do that! However, we have realized that Karin and Steve both need a camera during that time, so the plan is for Grampy to bring my old camera to them next week (the same as their old camera which they gave away. My new camera is the same as theirs as I have to keep in step with them so that they can assist me technologically! ha!)