Our first layover was in St. Louis. That's where I grew up!!! :) And I hadn't even been there (in or out of the airport) in 7 years! So although we didn't get to see anyone or anything (other than zillions of houses below us from the plane...with my childhood home hiding down there somewhere), it was still special to be in St. Louis! And since Steve bought so many little gadgets in a little gift shop in the airport, they gave him a free St. Louis tote bag! ha! I told him, "I'm so glad it was St. Louis and not somewhere like Cincinnati!" :)
We had a layover for a couple hours, then our flight was delayed for a bit as well. Kevin was sooo tired. He kept asking, "When are we going home?" This was not a good sign for the journey ahead! ;) I had him try to lie down on the ground for awhile. At another point, I had him run to a nearby desk, then run back -- and do it over and over and over again. ;)We had bulkhead seats on our first flight, which is normally a great thing. But the armrests don't fold up in bulkhead, so Kevin couldn't put his head on my lap to sleep!! So no sleeping happened on the first flight. Also, we took him to the bathroom shortly before our flight boarded -- but as soon as the plane started to move, he said he had to go potty!!! Obviously, we had to wait about half an hour or so at that point before we could get up! This incident (which proved uneventful, thank goodness) made me nervous enough that we used Pull-Ups for the rest of our journey. ;)
So on our 2nd flight, we had tighter quarters without bulkhead, but Kevin was able to sleep!! ...with the assistance of some Benadryl. ;) (Yes, our pediatrician even recommends this, so we're not nuts. Well, not completely anyway.)
1 comment:
The story about Steve going nuts in the St. Louis gift shop REALLY made me laugh. Ah, to have a husband who goes overboard on gift giving. I guess I'll never have that luxury. ; ) And, no, I'll never forget Steve showing me the room filled with boxes and saying, "Um, I think I might have over-bought for Karin for Christmas. These are all for her." HA! ; ) Great job, Steve!
Post a Comment