Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Brunch

We made reservations yesterday to have Sunday brunch at the Horison hotel. I had heard about it from someone online awhile back and had made note of it. And it turned out to be a great activity for Father's Day!! :) Our table was all the way across by the far windows (and you can see the rest of the family sitting there, if you look closely). (No, it wasn't actually Father's Day here. This brunch is held every Sunday.)

It's a kid-oriented brunch!! The show was just starting when we arrived, so Kevin began by watching the show before eating. First, there was a guy who did incredible balancing tricks!!



Then came a sword!


Next was a pair of clowns, but Kevin was afraid of them!! He hid behind my mom.

And last was a magician.

There was a whole kids' section of the buffet! :)

It was a very extensive buffet!! I tried to be very cautious in what I chose, trying to keep in mind the things that I have been told to avoid in Vietnam (seafood, raw veggies, fruits, etc.). Here is Steve with his selection of Father's Day desserts. :)

After the entertainment, a string quartet began to play. It was funny to be in Vietnam and hear songs from Phantom of the Opera, from Disney movies, etc. They even played "It's a Small World" (which Kevin immediately recognized -- as it's one of his favorites!!) and "Waltz of the Flowers" from The Nutcracker (another of Kevin's favorite things!).

Here's Daddy with his 2 boys on Father's Day! :)

I wanted to take this sweet picture of Daddy holding Kien. And as soon as I did, Kevin rushed out of his seat to get in the next photo. ;) ha!

I held Kien for most of the meal in the Kozy, which was really nice to have him snuggled up to me. :) And it made it very easy to go around and collect my food with both hands free. He was a very good boy through all of this!! :)

2 comments:

Wendy Musser said...

Marilyn just gave me the blog address. What a treat to see. I looked at many of the postings. I am sure Kevin will have lots to share in children's church when you get home.

This looks like the best Father's Day ever. I am sure next year will top that when you are at Home with ALL three kids.

Have a safe trip home and congrts!
Wendy

Noelle said...

Such cute and special Father's Day pictures!