Friday, June 6, 2008

Today's the Day!!!!

I just received my daily email message from K-LOVE with today's verse, and now I am crying...

"Lord, You will grant us peace, all we have accomplished is really from You."
- Isaiah 26:12

We are leaving home in 3 hours to head to the airport!!!

As a friend pointed out to me, today is D-Day -- and it truly is D-Day for us!!! :) Here's a quote from Wikipedia: "'D-Day' often represents a variable, designating the day upon which some significant event will occur or has occurred…By far, the best known D-Day is June 6, 1944 — the day on which the Invasion of Normandy began..."

Kevin still naps daily - usually 2 hours (sometimes more). But yesterday, he NEVER went to sleep!! After a couple hours (and many reprimands by Mommy), he got out of bed and called out to me, "Mommy, I'm sorry I didn't sleep today. I was just excited about our babies. I was just excited to be a big brother. That's why I wake up so early." :) Needless to say, he was a disaster last night. ;) And today he will miss his nap entirely...and won't get to go to bed tonight... whoa! This shall be interesting! ;)

This morning, when he got out of bed and I came to his room, he said, "Guys, do you know where we're going today? Vietnam! I'm so excited!" Then he went in to wake up Daddy and said, "Daddy, do you know where we're going today?" Daddy said, "Vietnam!" And Kevin replied, "I know that. Cuz I'm smart. I'm a smart kid. Like my Mama." Ha! :)

Another cute (but unrelated) thing he said this morning... We went out to a special breakfast, and when I said something positive about my yummy drink, Kevin said, "Do you know what MY favorite thing is in this world? God!!" Wow!! :)

Kevin FINALLY got to pick out and pack his "friends" (his stuffed animals) this morning!! He's been anxious to do this all week, and I kept reminding him that I had it on my list and would not forget. ;) He also had made a special request to carry his own little backpack down the steps today, so he already did that with Daddy.

Oh - and we did manage to eliminate one suitcase. So now we have 5 suitcases, Kevin's tent bag (he has a tent that he sleeps in for travel), 3 carry-ons, Kevin's little backpack, my little purse, and a double stroller! whew!

Now we just need to get our house tidied up a bit, get the cats ready.... pack my computer... eat lunch.... and WE'RE OFF!!!!! :) :) Let the 31-hour journey begin!!!

3 comments:

Noelle said...

Your send-off quote from Isaiah was simply amazing!!!

Noelle said...

I have another appropriate one: "Be not afraid. I am with you. I will bring your children from the East and gather you from the West." Isaiah 43

Noelle said...

Oh, I see that you've already thought of that one, too! (Considering it's in your archives on the right hand side!) : ) What a smarty!