We arrived at around 2pm (I think??)!!!! We were about 2.5 hours late. But we still had a welcoming committee!!! :) (I had called from the plane while we were still parked at the gate in Dallas, and the message was passed along.)
I had Kevin walk out first, so he would be the first to see whomever was there. And he was thrilled! :) He even told them, "I missed you guys so much." :) (I'm going to skip mentioning names, since this is set up as a public blog.)

It was soooo great to see everyone!!!! It was very special!!!! :) And it was fun to introduce Kien, who was very sleepy and much more sedate than his normal self. ;) We were all pretty exhausted!!
Kevin and the girls had a blast with the balloons!! Kevin had been couped up for so long that he definitely needed to get some energy out and got very wound up!!! ;) Fortunately, the girls did not seem to mind and seemed to be having a blast too.
They played, while the others loaded our luggage into our mini-van parked at the curb.
It actually all fit!!! Only the stroller had to go in someone else's car. Oh, and my mom did too. ;) ha! (With the 3 car seats in the car, there was no room for her -- because we had uninstalled one of the back passenger seats to be able to easily access all 3 car seats.)
We were finally back in our own car and on our way home!!! Kien was not happy about his first ride in a car seat. He cried and cried! Poor little guy. :( Maybe he was just offended that we put him in Aria's car seat instead of his own, and it was too girlie for him. ;) (His is in the back and harder to reach.) Kevin had a blast playing with his new binoculars, which he received as a "welcome home" gift at the airport. :)Of course, we bought these 2 infant car seats many many months ago. But since Kien is only 15 lbs, this is still great for him. In fact, he has to remain rear-facing until 20 lbs. And we bought special new infant car seats that hold a child until they are 30 lbs and 32 inches long. Kien is only 15.5 lbs and 27.5 inches, so he can stay in this for quite awhile! And although most people switch as soon as they possibly can, it is actually safer to stay with this type of seat for as long as possible. (Same goes for staying with a 5-point harness seat for an older child instead of switching to a booster - which is why Kevin has a seats that will last until 60 or 80 lbs.)
I could see Kien's little face in the mirror. :)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you had a group there to welcome you!!! (But how I WISH we could have been there!)
Post a Comment