Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Leaving Tomorrow Night!!!!

I need to start working on packing today.... because we're leaving tomorrow night to come HOME!!!!!! :) :)

If anyone is available and wants to come meet Kien at the airport on Thursday morning, we would love it!!!! :) We might be zombies! But we will be happy zombies!!! ;) I'm not going to mention the airport name on a public blog, but those of you who are local know what our airport is. ;) We are scheduled to arrive there at 11:20am on Thursday at Terminal C on American Airlines from Dallas.

One of the absolute best days of my entire life was when a group of friends and family met us at the airport when we finally returned from Russia with Kevin in our arms on July 19, 2005!!!! And Kevin is well aware that so many people were there to meet him. He has seen the pictures and talked about it many times. :)

It's awesome that we were actually done a little earlier than our scheduled flights!! It was possible that things could have taken longer. Well, in particular, things could have been extended by an extra couple weeks if we knew more on the progress of Aria's case and decided to wait it out. But instead, Steve will be making a 2nd trip back to Vietnam alone. And that probably won't happen for at least a couple more weeks.

So we leave Wednesday evening to fly to Hong Kong, LA, Dallas, then home!!

By the way, Kien woke up a couple times within the first hour last night and cried briefly. Then he just woke up crying (but still lying down) at 3:30am. This time, I didn't do anything, as Steve suggested. He didn't cry for too long (although it felt long, because I felt badly about not going to him!!). Then he stopped and fell back to sleep. But not me.... so here I am. ;)

1 comment:

Noelle said...

Gosh, I wish we could be there! I'll certainly be there in spirit!!! Perhaps we'll be able to manage it when Aria comes home?