Steve has Aria's visa to enter the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have waited for this visa for months and months!!!!!! It's unbelievable that we finally have it!!!!!! She is now allowed to enter the US and become a US citizen!!!!!! AT LAST!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
I prayed and prayed and prayed about this tonight, as I knew Steve had his appointment at the US Embassy. And all went well!!!! Very smooth and easy!!!! :) :) They even had no trouble getting her the type of visa where she becomes a US citizen when the plane lands on US soil. Both parents have to see the child prior to adoption in order to get this type of visa. I DID see her back in June....so we had taken photos to prove this, along with us holding a newspaper to show the date. Then we also had to amend our home study because we had a new child in the home before Aria came home (they were supposed to come home at the same time originally!).
I woke up in the middle of the night tonight and checked email for news. And while I sat here, Steve came online.... and told me the news!!!!!!!! :) :) Then while we chatted over our webcams, his doorbell rang. Our adoption agency staff arrived to deliver her passport with visa inside!!!!!!! :) :) Steve told them I was on the computer, so they both came over to say hi! ha! :) (We worked with them in June too.) And they held up the visa for me to see it!! :) :) ha! We all cheered!!!!!!! Hooray!!!!!!!! Praise God!!!!!!!!! Our baby is finally coming home!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
It is Tuesday evening in Vietnam, and Steve LEAVES FOR HOME Wednesday morning!!!!!!!!!!!! So it's time for him to get packing!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
Aria still wants to be held constantly, so he had her in the Kozy carrier while he sat and chatted with me. She kept putting her head down on his chest and sucking her thumb. :)
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh Karin, this is wonderful news! It will make you feel better too just to know that things have gone so smoothly for Steve and that he and Aria will soon be home! Steve has one more 'sleep' in Hanoi before they head for the airport. Lucky little Aria - - on her way finally to see her Mommy and the her brothers!!
Love, Aunt Diane
This is an amazing blog to read Karin - I have really enjoyed it. I know you guys are beyond thrilled - it makes me even more anxious for my little girl - thankfully we have a date for her, sort of. :) This is yet another way that God is showing you that trusting in Him and having patience will pay off. Just over 24 hours!! Make sure you get as much rest as you can today!! HA!
Jess
I am so happy to hear that (finally) everything is running smoothly and that your little Aria will be in your arms at last! God is truly with you, Karin. Such bliss you will experience in just TWO DAYS!!! : )
I am so happy for you and your family!!! FINALLY!!!! What wonderful news for all of you:)
AWESOME!! She is so precious! I can't wait for you all to be together!!
WOW! Great news.
WOW ~ Reading that post gave me the chills!! WOO HOO!!!
Post a Comment