
Steve and Aria are on their way home!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
Their flight left Vietnam at 10:45am on Wednesday morning (10:45pm Tues. for us). At 10:10, Steve sent me an email via his iPhone from the Hanoi airport!! :) They cleared immigration!!!! Aria has finally officially being allowed to leave Vietnam!!!!!!!!! :) :)
It is typical that in Vietnam, waitresses offer to hold your baby during your meal. We didn't eat out much with Kien, and I was nervous about this happening. It's certainly not part of MY cultural norms. I didn't want to pass off my new baby!!! I tell that story as background for Steve's story. Here is what he wrote in his email from the airport:
"Passed Vn immigration :-)
Had breakfast airport resturaunt with Aria on bench next to me. Two
times a waitress offered to hold her to help and I said ok - in part
because it would really be nice to eat in peace a minute and in part
to see what would happen. Both times she started doing her fussy cry
and pushing away and continued for a min until I said they could put
her back with me :-))
Flight boards in 10 min.
Here we come !!!!"
3 comments:
Woo Hoo! She LOVES Daddy!!!!
Yay!!! And GREAT news about the great bonding with Daddy!
Congratulations Karin and Steve!! I hope it is a VERY smooth transition for everyone!
You are all in my thoughts and prayers!!!
Post a Comment