Steve is at the hotel in Vietnam!!!!!! :) :) I woke up this morning to find an email from him and then a 2nd email with this exciting photo!!!! :) :) :) It was the beginning of Tuesday for me & the end of Tuesday for him.Steve said the trip went smoothly and a driver was at the airport to pick him up, holding a nicely printed sign with his name. He's staying at the same hotel we used last time, which is awesome! It's great because it's a great hotel - but also because he already knows the ropes there. :) The rooms are actually apartments! So he has a family room, 1-2 bedrooms (not sure which), 1-2 bathrooms, a dining room, a kitchen, and even a washing machine in the kitchen. And he even has a crib!!! ;) There are so many great amenities at the hotel too. Downstairs is a convenience store / grocery store, where he can buy all sorts of stuff (for himself and for baby), several souvenir shops, and even a Highlands Coffee (great coffees, smoothies, and even meals). There's also a restaurant in the hotel, and they have room service. Woo hoo! We used that a lot last time, and I imagine that he will do that again. You can even order things like pizza and spaghetti. ;) (Or you can order Vietnamese food.)
He already got wireless set up in the room (of course!), and he ordered a water cooler - which was so great last time! You can't drink the water, so having a water cooler in the room was so wonderful (with a cold tap and a hot tap). Lots of the babies want warm bottles, so that hot tap could come in handy (fortunately Kien didn't care about temp though).
Steve said his sinuses are burning, so please pray that he is not coming down with a cold. He said he was going to take a nap before unpacking or getting dinner. I hope he feels better after napping! Actually, I wonder if he'll even manage to wake up again this evening. ;) ha! I do think that the hotel has 24-hour room service though.
He ended by saying, "It is exciting to be back again. I'm excited to get our baby girl in one more day!" :) :) The adoption ceremony is Thursday. So Steve will have one full day to himself, and I sent him with a to-do list of things to accomplish on that day (such as buying baby food, diapers, etc.). :)
Thanks for the prayers!!!! :)
4 comments:
This is an exciting update!!
Love, Aunt Diane
What an exciting time! Steve must feel like a pro at this--doing everything all over that he just did in June.
Amanda
Thanks for including me on your e-mail Karin - I am so excited for you guys - all 5 of you. Can you believe you are getting ready to be a family of 5, finally?!?!? I can't wait to hear what it is like bringing a little girl into a house with 2 boys!! :) We will be doing that in about 2 months too...
Jess
I can't wait to see pictures of the little princess!!!!
I'm so happy for you!!!
Amy Sherwin
Post a Comment