Thursday, November 20, 2008

Aria's Homecoming!

Steve and Aria arrived at about 11am on Thursday morning!!! :) During their 12-hour layover in LA, Aria had a big "problem" in her pants... and Daddy didn't pack extra clothes in the carry-on! Oops! ;) So they took a cab to a nearby mall to go shopping. ha! Thus the new outfit for her arrival was chosen by Daddy. :)

Kevin was so excited to see Daddy!!!

And I was so excited to see them too!! Friends came with us to the airport and met us there in order to push me in a wheelchair. (There was no way I could have walked that far that day!)

Here's our family of five and Grandma!!! :)

And our family of five!!

Kien looked pretty intrigued with Aria. :) They likely knew each other before...but we'll never know to what extent.



Here's our welcoming committee!!! :)

I LOVE this picture of Daddy with his kiddos!!!



This was Aria's first ride in a car seat. She did ok for awhile, but then the crying began.

Our first time finally using 3 car seats in our mini-van!!! :)

10 comments:

Noelle said...

I cried (again)!!! I'm just SO happy for you!!! What a beautiful family of five! We love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

This was just wonderful story...I loved the day by day of how things were going, even though I couldn't post a response every day. I'm so glad Aria and Steve are home safe and sound...and look forward to meeting the newest family member soon.

Emily said...

Welcome home Aria (and Steve, too!)!!! I love stories with happy endings. :) Emily

MLE said...

What a wonderful day for all 5 of you to be together at last. I too really like the photo of Steve with his 3 kiddos! He has worked so hard to get them! I think I could have handled all of this trip to Vietnam except....the 12 hour layover in LA!!! This proves that Steve can handle anything!

5 hugs to 5 very special people!
MLE

Anonymous said...

Karin and Steve: You have 3 kids now and they are all beautiful - - and good looking too!! Love, Aunt Diane

Amanda said...

It is so wonderful to see your family complete--and together in one spot! I'm praying for the pain to fade--quickly! And for your family as you all adjust.
Amanda McQueen

Dawn said...

How wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

I love how full your mini-van is!!!!

Congrats!
Amy Sherwin

Catherine said...

WOW!! What great pictures!!! Everyone looks so happy!!!

I noticed you said you needed a wheelchair. Are you okay?? You got me worried!!!

Sincerely,
Catherine

Anonymous said...

How precious!!! Looking at your families happy faces brought tears to my eyes. I am sooooo happy for you all. thanks for sharing on the blog so I could be a part even though I am out here in Oregon:)
love ya, Kristin